Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Use your God!

Far be it from me to be reactionary, but I'm afraid I will not be following AP (Associated Press) Style to the extent of a certain recent addition to the venerated journalism style guide.
Allah:

The Muslim name for God. The word God should be used, unless the Arabic name is used in a quote written or spoken in English.

Notice it requires an uppercase G.

And I suppose next time, while referencing Al Gore or the Sierra Club et al., perhaps I should refer to the planet as "God," since that is clearly Who they are talking about.

And satanism? That's just their name for God.

How about humanism. I bet no one would mind if I constantly referred to their mental faculties as "God."

e.g. Maybe the folks at the Associated Press should start using their God.
<< Home 0 Comments:

Post a Comment