Monday, March 07, 2005

Another Vatican Schiavo statement

Cardinal Renato Martino president of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace has made another (belated in my opinion) call for justice in the Terri Schiavo. I know I was highly critical in my last Terri post about the Vatican silence on the issue and they have since stepped up to the microphone, so to speak. I am grateful but still unhappy it took so long to hear anything about such big issue.

On the other hand, this particular statement is thorough and covers a lot and shows a lot of concern (from BlogsForTerri):

... in just a few days, [if her husband and the courts have their way, ]this is exactly what will happen to Terri. She will be completely deprived of water and food. She will have excessive suffering and pain inflicted upon her which will lead to her cruel death ...

We plead, we make the urgent appeal for the life of a helpless human being...a person with whom we all share our God given human dignity.
How can anyone say that her best interests have been taken into consideration?
Do read the whole thing and keep checking back at BlogsForTerri--they provide up to the minute information.
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

I can't understand a judicial system that would allow such evil people to carry on their evil practices. All my life I have been taught that justice prevails--that evil must be punished here in this free land of ours. So why isn't it happening? Would someone please tell me why innocent people must die and wicked men get off scott free?

1:28 PM, March 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark -- I'm just shocked and grieved by what is happening in regard to Terri Schaivo. Your hope that it will become dinner table conversation is certainly true at my house, and I have been talking about it with my friends. Sadly, some of them agree with the courts and Mr. Schaivo. Thank you for continuing to write about her. -Elizabeth Bailey

9:02 AM, March 09, 2005  
Blogger CelloChic said...

This is definitely an urgent topic these days, one that does need to be discussed w/co-workers and classmates. Between "Million Dollar Baby" and the Terry Schiavo case, euthanasia is a biggie right now. Thanks for your attention to the value of life.

8:25 PM, March 11, 2005  

Post a Comment