Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Deleting history

It didn't happen...

At least, that's what Google says: The Tiananmen Square slaughter is obviously a myth.

Compare the page results on China's new ".cn" version of Google against what our .com version.

The real thing: http://images.google.com/images?q=tiananmen
The Chinese re-write: http://images.google.cn/images?q=tiananmen

Hat-tip to Cox and Forkum: see their cartoon and post here!
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Krista said...

I guess it's like keeping them from seeing the real world. Can you imagine? An entire country being brainwashed into believing things never happening or being wrong. I guess you were right, Mark. Google made a bad choice. The cartoon certainly opened my eyes.

5:29 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Mark said...

I hope I haven't done this to death.

8:00 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

No I don't think you have done this to death. But in a sense hasn't China done this all along? I mean Chinese people are not allowed to leave their country. Never mind just thinking out loud.

8:46 AM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment