Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In memory of Claire vg Thomas

I can't believe she's gone. She was so incredibly alive. She had an impact far beyond most people. No one will ever play the organ the way she did. I have constantly found myself hungering for that sound ever since her last performance of Messiah. I remember she was so weak that she actually was missing some notes -- which was so unusual -- but it didn't matter to any of us in the choir because she still projected the strength and message of the music so exquisitely. One of my most precious memories with Claire are recorded here.

She will be missed... But now she and Marilyn are again praising God together. So many times they performed "I know that my Redeemer liveth" here on this earth. What I would give to see it performed now!
<< Home 0 Comments:

Post a Comment