Monday, July 19, 2004

Muddled thoughts Part 2

I'm afraid I failed to mention a very important aspect of the service mentioned in the last post.  I picked as a devotional a piece from ICR's Day's of Praise.  The title was "The Gift of Grace" by Henry Morris.  After editing it for verbal clarity, it was a very basic and good short piece for the occasion.  The striking thing about it was the last point that he made. 
Finally, as Paul says in Ephesians 3:7-8, even true Christian leadership is a gift of grace.  "...I became a minister according to the gift of grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.  to me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ."
Leadership a gift of grace...  This does not mean, though, that developing Christian leadership is a matter of waiting for some supernatural engrafting of special skills--a moment in time when we suddenly feel like we can lead.  No, God's gifts are most often given to those who humbly strive for them in faith, knowing that God will not fail to give good gifts to his children, knowing that they do not ask amiss, knowing God's will for their lives.
<< Home 0 Comments:

Post a Comment