Thursday, September 23, 2004

Filling in the cracks

I finally secured a Junior level Journalism class today. No writing really--mostly design/layout editing work. Next quarter will have to be the time I start more of the writing. For now, I get to update and extend my knowledge of the latest design programs--and learn some new aspects hopefully! Exciting stuff I suppose.

Whether I'll have time to run with some other possibilities remains to be seen. The ultimate Journalism experience would be to start an independent student publication. I've read some pretty thrilling accounts of what that can hold for a conservative journalist. However, I don't expect these dreams to materialize for fear of being disappointed. I really don't know if I would have the help or the personal spine and fortitude to work on such a project. A dream to be sure and I have two years to complete such a thing if at all. It will become much clearer as the cracks continue to fill and the over-all shape of the next two years becomes more apparent.

And now it's back to earth and home:

A tire needs patching on my car, some other written projects need completion, and, of course, there's some homework to do (very little at this point).
<< Home 2 Comments:
Blogger Kristi said...

An independent conservative student publication(at Western) would be very cool...hold onto that dream.
Glad you have your classes all set for this quarter-don't forget to find that secret tunnel ;)

6:23 AM, September 24, 2004  
Blogger Mark said...

Ah yes, the tunnels...the secret labs. Interesting, the more you walk around the campus, the less you think about it:) I should look into that.

5:26 PM, September 25, 2004  

Post a Comment