Friday, October 13, 2006

Invaded...by elephants

I love this guy. Either he has an awesome sense of humor, or he his just looking to pique America's sense of the absurd in his zeal to be elected.

Raj Peter Bhakta is his name and he is a Republican running for congress from Eastern Pennsylvania. He also is known by some (not me) as a former star on the NBC show "The Apprentice." I am ready to lay some heavy bets on his success even without knowing what he's up against. Bhakta, (see the story here) after witnessing first-hand some illegals cross the river at one point, decided this was a rediculous situation. Not knowing how rediculous, he decided to test the the limits: he hired a elephant troupe and mariachi band to go try to swim the river. It took almost an hour of elephants splashing around in the river to bring the Border Patrol to the site.
“To my surprise, the band played on, the elephants splashed away, and nobody showed up,” Bhakta said of the stunt. “I’m astounded.”
Publicity stunt, yes. But why not--it's creative.
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Brandy said...

oh my :) wow, that guy's crazy, but he does have a point i guess :)

10:13 PM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love it! The man's a genius...

6:53 AM, October 14, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

He he. Now that is pretty funny.

7:32 PM, October 14, 2006  

Post a Comment