Thursday, March 06, 2008

Reading God's mind

I came across this link to a conversation between a New York Times reporter and Sen. Clinton posted by David Brody. The part that caught my attention was her answer to the question: "Do you believe...that belief in Christ is needed for going to heaven?"

That one I'm a little more open to. I think that it is, as we understand our relationship to God as Christians, it is how we see our way forward, and it is the way. But, ever since I was a little girl, I've asked every Sunday school teacher I've ever had, I asked every theologian I've ever talked with, whether that meant that there was no salvation, there was no heaven for people who did not accept Christ. And, you're well aware that there are a lot of answers to that. There are people who are totally rooted in the fact that, no, that's why there are missionaries, that's why you have to try to convert. And, then there are a lot of other people who are deeply faithful and deeply Christ-centered who say, that's how we understand it and who are we to read God's mind about such a weighty decision as that.
Hillary had just finished affirming her belief in the literal resurrection of Christ. If that is true, why can't she take Christ at face-value elsewhere?

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
(John 14:6)

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
(John 3:18)

Reading God's mind isn't all that hard since He already spoke His mind.

Labels: ,

<< Home 0 Comments:

Post a Comment