Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Prince Caspian in the queue

May 16 is the day the second installment of the Chronicles of Narnia makes its way into American movie theaters.

This deserves a couple thoughts:

First, I did have a lively discussion regarding first movie after I saw it in the theaters twice. This can be found here and here.

Second, some of my views are a bit mitigated since then. Not to a huge degree, mind you, but there's a certain degree of nuisance I have moved past


In addition, it appears that they are going heavy on the special effects and making it pretty dramatic. This can be good or bad or just not true. We just don't know. I'll be watching it. How can I not.

See you there.

Labels:

<< Home 1 Comments:
Blogger Jesse said...

If you look at the movie as something separate from the book, I think it's far better in terms of enjoying it. Besides, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong in interpretation of Prince Caspian. It's far less theologically complex than LWW.

(And, though I don't think I piped up in your original discussion of the LWW movie, I rather liked it, and thought the movie was, in some respects, superior to the book in its depiction of the children as distinct, living characters. It gave them a depth the book never did.)

10:23 AM, May 06, 2008  

Post a Comment