Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Christmas break?

I remember telling myself that I wanted to sit back and enjoy this time away from school. I wanted to be able to plow through book after book; I wanted to study what I want to study. No can do.

True, I have gotten through one book...it's a good thing I didn't stop at any point during that process because my free time is now gone. I took an early assignment from the university paper and I'm getting broken into the deadlines way ahead of time. Not only that, but last night I got a phone call from an editor asking me to go cover a press conference in Bellingham. Now, I have to admit it's nice to have such a head start on garnering points for the quarter, but this is even more than I could have imagined.

My deadline is tomorrow (Thursday) and I'm still getting interviews hashed out.

I'm praying for sanity as I start the plunge...
<< Home 2 Comments:
Blogger Kristi said...

oh wow-I'll be praying for you too!
I know what you mean about not being able to read all those long desired books. I keep running from book to book, never finishing one completely. I guess I am in a frenzy to sample as much as I possibly can before my own fight for sanity begins :)

1:10 PM, December 29, 2004  
Blogger Mark said...

Alas, yes I am thankful for what I do receive. I would be ungrateful in the extreme to not recognize it for what it is worth.

12:38 AM, January 05, 2005  

Post a Comment