Friday, December 31, 2004

The 're-canvassing' problem

Most might consider me to be slightly behind the times by posting this. I'm still fed up, you see, with the decision to change election policy by the courts. I have hemmed and hawed because I didn't know state law as well as I wished. However that is finally over thanks to Bob Williams of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation! His excellent December 22 commentary is spot on in covering what is sticking in my craw. Read it and thank God we still have people like Mr. Williams to inform us.

Is anyone else out there afraid of sounding like a whining Democrat? I sometimes wonder that we could have been so willing to fight by their rules when they and the ridiculous Sec. of State, Sam Reed, succeeded in playing the grinch in the court. This is why I am so happy that Rossi deflated it all by shifting to challenging the election as a whole. This should and will be done if we can awaken this state properly.

Start buying those orange ribbons and let's really "canvass" this state.
<< Home 1 Comments:
Blogger Mark said...

"Whining" Democrat versus "thinking" Democrat. I do know many good, thinking Democrats who don't fit that description... There are all types--unfortunately the whiners are the loudest. (just my humble opinion)

I know what you are referring to regarding Mr. Williams. I will freely admit that I base PART of my endorsement on past recognition of his work. I'm a big follower of the EFF because of the work they did to expose the crooked Boeing deal. I will not by any means consider Mr. Williams the "end-all" argument, though. On the contrary, I'm sure, after all is said and down, and you and I analyze this to death, we will still have divergent opinions.

11:56 AM, December 31, 2004  

Post a Comment