Sunday, April 24, 2005

Old as the hills

DEAR FRIEND,
MY NAME IS MR JOHN ANAT MANAGER OF A BANK [NAME OF THE BANK WITHHELD IN WEST AFRICA. WITH MY POSITION I GENERATED 11,MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS WHICH I REALIZED FROM OUR NEW BRANCHES WE SET_UP ON 50% OF THE AFRCAN COUNTRIES AND IT STARTED SIX YEARS AGE TILL LAST YEAR.
I AM PROPOSING TO YOU TO STAND AS THE BENEFICIARY OF THIS MONEY, BECAUSE AS THE REGIONAL MANAGER I DON'T NEED TO BE INVOLVED WITH THIS KIND OF MONEY . I AM WILLING TO PART 30% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT TO WITH YOU .WITH MY POSITION THIS TRANSFER WILL DONE SOOTHLY AND IS A BANK TO BANK TRANSFER . CAN YOU PROVIDE A GOOD CURRENT ACCOUNT WHERE THIS MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED?


Yes, this just arrived at the Western blog email. Pretty impressive for a first piece of spam on an account. I suppose it is a sign of better things to come.
<< Home 5 Comments:
Blogger Crystal said...

I don't think that 30% is enough...I mean really what every happened to the old 60/40 split at least???

7:21 AM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

I was going to mention that song and predict that very reaction (If I can say so without sounding conceited). I didn't think you'd like his voice. I think you will like Collin Raye for his voice, though. I know I do.

60/40...yeah. You'd think they would have the sense to recognize a conservative blog as being full of smart people--or maybe they expect me to barter them up to 60/40...oh whatever.

8:05 AM, April 25, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some of the spam I've gotten at my work email--usually they're from Nigeria. We don't sell anything to Nigerian customers because so much craziness coming out of that country.....and they don't give up either! :-/

9:03 AM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Yes, I remember as much. Most of their phone numbers were bogus anyway... They order several thousand dollars worth of chess material--the numbers of each item never quite making sense--then the phone number doesn't even check...nothing wrong here.

12:21 PM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

I must say I have never gotten any spam mail like this one so it's interesting to hear that you have problems with these kinds of things from the chess house...It's not something I would have ever thought about. Interesting.

8:51 PM, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment