Friday, April 22, 2005

The final step

A long line of activities are finished.

It hit me near the end of the interview when he said it would be three or four weeks till I would know for sure--It is now out of my hands...if it ever was in the first place. Yes, my interview for an internship at the Lynden Tribune was today and it went very well. There is one other applicant. He's way more qualified. He's done freelance work for several Washington newspaper and he was The Western Front editor last quarter. Cal (from the Tribune) said the other applicant hadn't committed to the Tribune, nor they to him. Also the Tribune is the kind of newspaper that values local writers. Cal said he gives a certain amount of preference to local applicants. Practically speaking, people who have been in Lynden for a long time have an edge anyway when it comes to doing the job.

I'm very encouraged.
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

Horray! So glad it went well--you've got a very good chance...

10:40 AM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

So happy for you! That's great!

1:17 PM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

I really hope that works out for you because I can really see you enjoying it. On the other hand never fear...if it doesn't the Lord has something even better around the corner! I might even actually read the paper from time to time if you get the job so do keep us posted!

9:47 AM, April 24, 2005  

Post a Comment