Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pausing for breath...

I've figured something out now about my schedule: Monday through Wednesday is the best time to not blow it. It's when most everything seems to be due. Today has been an interesting specimen all on its own. Things just pile up like they've never done before. I try to get as much of my writing for the newspaper deadlines done as I go through the interview process, but that principle doesn't help when I'm interviewing people a few hours before it's due. It's just the way the cookie crumbles, the ball bounces, the world turns, the lots are cast,... Actually none of those will do so scratch that.

This week and indeed, as I said, today has been ever so wild. The wonderful part about it, though, is that I haven't really been burned on anything yet. This morning was typical of a Wednesday. I got up a little bit later than was good for me, started work on my Mass Media History essay, finished that, moved on to the news piece, called a source to confirm something, took a phone call from my Uncle Steve who was kind enough to inform me that my right front tire was flat. I then did a phone interview. Called my editors and told them my story would be late because of my flat tire, called my history professor, told him my essay wouldn't be there in class (should I email it?). I drove over to Les Schwab, where a set of new front tires was applied to the two front wheels on my car. I went back home, had lunch, started work on my article again and "finished" it.

So I'm at Western now, having missed all my classes and I just learned second-hand that my story won't run. It's not as bad as all that though, and like I said, at least I wasn't burned on anything.

In other news...

I have an interview (like a job kind) this Friday for a summer internship at the Lynden Tribune. As far as I know, they still don't have any other applicants! I'm hoping and praying that I can get this one because, logistically, it seems like an awesome fit.

The Western Blog now has three active participants and I'm poised to get the URL published around campus. Thanks to Kat and Jerret for signing on!
<< Home 6 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh boy! You have had a day haven't you? What's with flat tires anyway? Luke was here last evening and said he had two flats...weird. I'm praying that you get that internship--that would be wonderful for you! =D Wuvs!

6:07 PM, April 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry bout that tire bro. Hope you didn't get too frustrated. Lynden Trib would be great! Praying for ya.

1:16 AM, April 22, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks all...I suppose there's few things more pathetic coming from me than a pity-party, but I appreciate the willingness to ablidge me!

Nathan...
It's nice to know I have some European readers! :P

9:21 AM, April 22, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

Take care you...and eat protein bars.

1:22 PM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger CelloChic said...

Yes. The bar of deception. I love them. Your body's got tons of energy to burn but your stomach persists in saying "Feed me, I'm hungry."

7:14 PM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

I'm laughing...! hahaha

9:46 PM, April 23, 2005  

Post a Comment