Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Next-to-pointlessness

This morning is just one example of what I feared would become the pattern for this quarter. Every one of my days has a first-class time of 1 p.m. This means that anything important (and somewhat important, plus anything in-between) has to be done in the morning. The real problem is being less productive than I could. With no classes in the morning, it is incredibly tempting to let my mornings bear the reprisal of my late-night workings. Getting up before 8 is becoming almost ridiculously hard.

So perhaps the real question is, what am I doing on here, telling you something like this while I have class in one and a half hours and several assignments to complete before then? I don't have the answer, anymore than I have the answer to my sleep schedule problem. Getting to bed early doesn't always seem to help and ordinary study is what suffers the most if I can't do it in the morning.

As to my presence here online at this time of day, let's just say I felt the need to step back, even if it is just for 5 minutes to test my ordinary coherency and get down an update. There's a lot more that I would write about this past weekend if I had the time--something much more entertaining to you all I'm sure.

Until then the next next-to-pointless post, have a good day.
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Liz said...

Hey.
I really enjoy your page--its nice to read other Christian's blogs.

I thought I'd drop by and let you know you have been mentioned in another person's blog...I don't know who this person is, but they visited my blog and got upset at your post. http://abouttheliltinghouse.blogspot.com/2005/04/currently-quite-politely-absolutely_11.html

2:32 PM, April 12, 2005  
Blogger Mark R said...

Thanks for the heads-up Liz. I commented and forgot to check back--been really busy round here. I've updated my position on your blog.

6:23 PM, April 12, 2005  
Blogger Patty-Jo said...

Hang in there Mark. I'll keep you in my prayers.

12:15 AM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment