Monday, November 07, 2005

You thought Bush had problems?

Paris - The city of love is aglow...so what if it's because it's burning.

Sorry to use a cheap Disney quote.

I think the French are going to need to suck it up and realize they are experiencing jihad. Oops? Did I just say that? How impolitic of me... Honestly, perhaps they will finally get the message: there is no winning friends on the other side. Islamic terrorists will fight you wherever you are. If you sit at home, they will come visiting.

Links of interest:
The Washington Times: Police fear rioters' heavy arms
Newsweek: Rage on Rue Picasso
Associated Press: Rioting in France Spreads to 300 towns
<< Home 2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read a bit of Voltaire tonight. Despite its date (1759), his view of France is still pretty timely...
"'Yes,' said Martin, 'I have travelled in several provinces [of France]. In some you find half the people are fools, and in others you find them too subtle. There are some parts of the country where people are simple and stupid, and others where they pretend to be witty...'"
(Voltaire, Candide, Chapter XXI)
-Ruth.

7:24 PM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

I'm sorry I probly shouldn't have laughed at that... But hey, I'm being honest it was funny.

9:20 PM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment