Thursday, October 27, 2005

Am I a liberal?

I've decided I should answer this comment in the form of a post. It's from someone who I believe I have been hearing from quite a bit lately.

Anonymous said...
Are you a liberal?

If you aren't one, the more you are in the liberal environment you are in the more liberal you will become.

Either you will become more liberal or you will be emotionally destroyed.

Or you will lose your job.
For it is compromise, hide or be destroyed. Those are your options.

I'm sure I don't claim to be all sufficient in my strength, nor do I claim to have all the answers. But honestly, I wish you could hear yourself! That sounds like it's a movie line or something. Am I right?

No I'm not a modern liberal. I'm a classical liberal, in the vein of John Locke and Edmond Burke. I'm sorry if your life is like a movie--mine isn't. I don't depend on my own strength to stay firm in my convictions. I simply use the mind God has given me and exercise it responsibly, which means learning in whatever situation I find myself--be that here in a bastion of secular humanism, or in my church, or pounding in nails on the job. By God's grace, I can trust Him that as I hold fast in my convictions, whether I receive reciprocation or not, nothing can shake my faith or push me from the good path God has ordained.

I would encourage you to take heart and trust in the Lord. Don't put your faith in political leaders--you of all people should know they are not the answer to the world's problems, much less your own.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5.6
<< Home 4 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

That is so very true and sweet. As for me I have a hard enough time trusting people I can see hear and touch let alone a God that at times seems really far away. Thank you needed that.

9:44 PM, October 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't believe you understand how evil the liberals are (and yes I know what evil means) and how ruthless they can be.

I hope you do stand strong and firm on your beliefs. I certainly don't hold myself up to be a strong person and so my ultimate failure and betrayal of all that I hold dear shouldn't necessary indicate that others can't succeed where I so pathetically failed.

But by the same token I have seen others fall by the wayside. Some of them certainly couldn't be considered conservatives. They were just politically unaware and so when they were destroyed it was because they didn't understand the nature and direction of the attack.

If you hold true to one thing, hold on to this. Liberals are Evil. They are determined. They will do absolutely anything to succeed and they don't care who they hurt in the process.

And from what I have seen, conservatives in that situation either cave in to the Liberals and just try to be as "harmless" as possible to try not to become a target of attack. Or they get destroyed.

Of course I have more respect for those who are destroyed for they stood on principle. But either way liberals win. And they will keep on winning until enough conservatives realize how evil they are and that they need to be more ruthless, more determined, more serious than them if they are to win.

The time for ladies and gentlemen has past. The time for "college debating rules" and logical discourse has passed. The time of playing by Marque de Queenberry rules has past. It's bare knuckles time.

We have practically lost. I keep hoping for a last minute victory for the good guys. I guess I need to hold on to that slim hope.

I would like you to consider this quote.

"Why did we lose?

We lost because we failed to apply the strategic lessons of warfare to the attack on our culture. We lost because we gave away the psychological environment. We spent 30 years playing by our opponents' rules of engagement instead of forcing them to play by ours. During that time, we imagined that all we had to do was be right, present our views logically, and provide reams of documentation. We were under attack, whereas we thought we were merely under disagreement. We said we just needed to understand each other. The truth was, our adversaries understood us better than we knew."
-B.K. Eakman

9:33 PM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Saija said...

what an encouraging post to read! if you stick to Proverbs 3:5,6 you will NOT go wrong ... ever ... the Lord honours His word ...

blessings!

8:43 PM, October 29, 2005  
Blogger Travis J. Hankins said...

Amen Brother! Please do not put your faith in man, in a party or in the government. Put your faith in Christ and then support candidates who do the exact same. Keep up the good work my friend.

8:19 PM, November 01, 2005  

Post a Comment