Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The long journey home

It's anything but déjà vu to sit here in an airport at the conclusion of my trip. First, it's mid-day (for now). It's Buffalo airport. I'm more tired than I was I wrote last, and most importantly, lived a lot, learned a lot, just finished a great week with the great friends, and enjoyed an all around blessed week.

There's nothing like a lightning fast airport connection for uploading so here's a few shots from the week:


Mr. and Mrs. VanDyken on the right, Ruth and I on the left


A walk through McMaster campus


Webster Falls--first stop on a long snowy walk


Later on--Dundas Peak with the city of Dundas far below us over the edge

And something different--here's some with Matt finally (after he got home). These are a couple views of the back seat last night on the way home from Toronto.


The lost children--so forlorn


Suspicious folk!
<< Home 12 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um...no facial hair, weird...

12:30 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

YAY! Pictures!!
I was hoping for that :) very nice.
Welcome back...does it feel awfully warm out after being in Ontario?

7:05 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger Brandy said...

You're back!! I was afraid Ruth-beast was going to keep you there:) Glad you had a good time, though - - what ever happened to the, uh, goatee?

8:03 PM, January 03, 2006  
Blogger RobertDWood said...

It's there in the first couple a pictures, but it dissappeared in the later ones.

Probably shaved it off so it's easier to get through security. :D

6:06 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Krista said...

Hey!!! So glad you guys had a great time! So weird seeing pics of you out there with by buddy Ruth. Well, while you were Ontario, I was having fun in BC. Too bad I didn't get to see you!

11:08 AM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Mark said...

Aha...well, that's one plausable theory Palmboy, but unfortunately it came off at whim. It's actually surprised me how many didn't notice at the time--even when I took half off for a little bit...

12:14 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger CelloChic said...

Certainly looks like you had a good time. My, my, my.
She's very cute.

2:29 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

Oh! Pictures! That makes me miss Ruth so much. I guess I will just have to email her.

Nice to have you home Mark. Oh yah. The no hair thing. Looks nice.

2:36 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

Oh! So that's why I didn't recognize Mark in that last picture...

10:08 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Anna said...

"It came off on a whim" my foot! You waited till you were out of our reach to be able to do that! We wouldn't have let you do it here! You're a very bad boy! :P

11:53 PM, January 04, 2006  
Blogger Joshua said...

Odd, I ended up on a chairlift with a girl from Ontario who said she was here because there was no snow....hmmm?
Looks like a most enjoyable time :)
I thought you were Nathan last night...that was embarrassing!

5:25 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Mark said...

It only snowed one day that I was there. My gracious hosts had to special order it--they were very bummed I didn't get to see what a "typical" winter would be: a lot of snow, plus sunny dry days.

So yeah, we thought about going skiing--but it was expensive (haha, maybe I am dutch) and raining up on the "mountain."

5:34 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment