Thursday, February 16, 2006

So sad...

I am obligated to make note of a very sad happening. John Michael Montgomery, a country singer of whom I am fan, was arrested today in Kentucky...

Montgomery was arrested early Thursday and charged with driving under the influence and possession of a controlled drug, jail officials said.

The 41-year-old country singer also was charged with having a prescription drug not in its proper container, two counts of carrying a concealed deadly weapon, disregarding a traffic control device and improper turning, said Darin Kelly, a spokesman for the Lexington jail.
The story here on CNN.com
<< Home 5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it's not funny, but the "improper turning" phrase just tickles me. -Beth

3:00 AM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

humm...this is not good news. I too like some of his stuff and always thought he was pretty upstanding citizen. I guess everyone is entitled to make some mistakes but we'll have to see how this plays out.

10:12 AM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Krista said...

Guess you won't be such big fans anymore. By the way, Mark, How's everything going with Ruth visiting?? :)

6:46 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

Hey Mark if you could do me a favor? Ask Ruth to check her email for me please. Thanks.

8:53 PM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger Nathan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!!!! And say hi to Ruth for me will ya? Post some pics of y'all, too.

Oh, yeah. About John Michael Montgomery. Sure, it's not a good thing to try driving under the influence of anything, but I can't help thinking that this got blown way out of proportion. If he wasn't a celebrity, there would have been no broo-ha-ha/row/whatever you want to call it. But then, we also can't forget the lesson in that well-known Brad Paisley song-"Celebrity", ya know? I know there's alot more to it, and I'm not a judge, so I won't say any more.

I still like his music.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!!!

11:12 AM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment