Thursday, March 09, 2006

Don't mess with granny!

A 75-year-old great-grandmother proved once again that firearms are still worthy of the tag: "the great equalizer."

According to WKYC TV (Akron Ohio), Eleanor Lynn, of Akron, Ohio, keeps a .380 handgun "loaded and nearby at all times."

"I already had the gun out," she said. "Somebody was breaking into my house so I took the gun out and went to the door. They flew."

She'd been robbed before and wasn't about to let it happen again.

"All I got to do is hold this trigger and it goes six times without stopping," Lynn explained. "I just bought this one and this one has never been used I'd like to have a chance to use it."

Lynn's neighbor quickly called police who arrested the suspects, ages 15 and 17, in nearby yards.
As a side, I'm not impressed at all with the presentation of the story. The photo is a glaring ethical violation--totally staged, and not noted as such. A little more detail would be cool, but what can you expect from a TV station?
<< Home 4 Comments:
Blogger Joshua said...

Now, now Mark. How do you know there wasn't a WKYC TV cameraman coincidentally sitting there at the time? ;) Everyone is a skeptic.

6:48 PM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

I found that story to be very funny. Maybe I shouldn't, but hey I have a funny sense of humor.

4:54 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Krista said...

I know a lot of you won't agree with me on this, but I don't like the idea of people having fully loaded guns in their homes. It freaks me out. I can understand if you live out in the middle of nowhere and own a farm, but is it otherwise really necessary? I just keep a bat under my bed ;)

5:33 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

Krista: Why do guns freak you out? I will admit that guns can be dangerous. But if you know how to use them then they are a good way to defend yourself.

9:30 AM, March 11, 2006  

Post a Comment