Monday, October 16, 2006

To Russia anyone?

If the job market for the average starting journalist continues to be thick, I think I might have found the perfect place to look for a job.

The latest journalist to be killed in Russia is the business chief of Russian news agency Itar-Tass, Anatoly Voronin. If the pool of reporters and editors keeps getting drained like this, I might as well start looking over there and learn Russian. Anyone interested in joining me?
<< Home 7 Comments:
Blogger Brandy said...

Mark, I commend you for your eagerness to find a job, but I don't really think that Russia is the best option... I mean, there would be quite a few ppl on this side of the world who'd miss you pretty badly I think :) lol, and you'd probably need a bodyguard over there. just my thoughts :)

and i don't think russian is very easy to learn :D

5:42 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Mark said...

well hey, I've already got at headstart considering I work with a number of Ukrainians who would be plenty willing to improve my vocabulary at least. I know how to call someone fat. How to say something is good or not good. I know the word for egg. ...more pending I'm sure.

6:18 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

Well... I happen to agree with Brandy. Russia. That would be interesting.

7:29 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

I have always wanted to go to Russia, Siberia to be exact but I am not sure about moving there. If you really want to then go ahead and I would try and plan to come and visit you at least once in our remaining lives but that might be about all! Keep us posted on this one. LOL

5:55 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Ruth said...

I can picture it;
'You're listening to Russian Radio, ZKXX fm. Here's our research correspondant Mark R. on the socio-biological challenges facing Russian youth today.
"You are fat [like an] egg. That is no good."

6:49 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

*laughing*

10:31 PM, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Brandy said...

lol, ruth - you're hilarious

12:30 AM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment