Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Thawing out

So I'm headed home from work and I don't know if I'm going to make it out again any time soon. The flakes are getting a little smaller--probably the temperature is dropping.

The short version is that the weather report this morning on the way to work didn't mention anything about what we are seeing right now...it's really piling up. grrr

Work was a real drag because I was working outside in it. Three layers of footwear, two on the legs, two on the hands, a soaking wet beany, and a four or five shirt/jackets (I changed my shirt halfway through the day just to escape the wet--then I promptly got wet again and froze.

Here's hoping that I can get out tomorrow...and (*ehem*) that I get to work inside the shop.

So how has the weather been treating you?
<< Home 9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We actually got snowed on too!! Here on the fabled Isle of Whidbey!! Amazing!!

5:38 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Ruth said...

You guys are definitely taking our quota of snow; we've gotten nothing more than a dusting, all winter long! I just bought my cousin a snow globe as consolation...

6:25 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Marvelously as a matter of fact! :)

8:50 AM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Gloria said...

So far I haven't had to go out in it. So its treating me quite nicly for now.

9:05 AM, January 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute, Ruth. :) We're getting snowed in up here. I'm starting to wonder if the school year is going to go into July, like they're predicting. They're saying this won't be the last snow storm we see this season. How weird 0_o

11:27 AM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Nathan said...

Man! I'm kinda jealous! So far this winter, there's been but two mornings where I've had frost on my windshield in the morning. Notice I've said nothing about snow. THAT'S BECAUSE THERE'S BEEN NONE!!! Crazy, huh? Last winter, we got snow as early as Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if we'll get any this winter. Oh, well. I guess if the snow will not come to mohammed, mohammed must go to the snow. 8-P Hmmm.... I think I should try snowboarding.

12:58 PM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Crystal said...

I loved it! I got to watch it coming down all day at work and then I ended up going to spend the night with a co-worker becasue I was pretty sure at 9PM when I was ready to head home that I would be able to make it since I had neglected to get sand bags for the back of my truck before the snow hit. Today though it was just fine getting home. Wish there had be more!

6:19 PM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger sarah said...

Is now a good time to tell you about the 68 degree weather that we had last Saturday? Okay, so it is colder right now, but no snow yet. I hope that doesn't mean we will have a nasty summer. . .

6:33 PM, January 11, 2007  
Blogger Kristi said...

This state is way to cold, I'm so excited to get back to Florida the first thing I'm going to do there is lie on the beach!

10:28 PM, January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment