Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Franken outsources his recount advice

Is Minnesota as stupid today as Washington was in 2004? I have my doubts -- but then, I've only seen Washington.

The senate recount is heating up. And Washington's Evergreen Freedom Foundation recently posted (via the Wall Street Journal) that Al Franken is getting advice from one of Washington state's professional election thieves, Paul Berendt, a former chair of the Washington Democratic Party.
With that kind of advisor, its no wonder the Franken campaign is trying to salvage any ballots possible, including absentees rejected due to lack of signature or valid registration. Fund does a good job of relating how that very issue turned the tide for Gregoire in 2004, and it could do the same for Franken.

Every vote counts ... including non-votes!

Labels:

<< Home 5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are your thoughts on Rossi losing this time around? I thought for sure that he have a chance. I voted for him in 04, but vote for Gregoire this time.

11:56 PM, December 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And excuse my poor grammar. It is late!!!

11:56 PM, December 01, 2008  
Blogger Mark said...

Anonymous,

I think your note indicates you would have better insight into the matter than myself. Why, for example, if you voted for Rossi in 04 when our state was doing much better, would you turn around and reward the very person who has inflated our budget and bureaucracy to historic proportions in tough economic times. There's nothing I can do to help you understand why Rossi lost. You apparently know better than I do if you know why you voted for Chrissy. Why did you? Answer that, then just assume everyone else had the same reason.

I wouldn't mind knowing as well. Do tell.

9:58 AM, December 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted all democrat after voting all republican and watching the country spiral into the toilet. Plus Rossi seemed like a real prick.

But I don't think my answer is the same as everyone else. WA is somewhat known as not voting the same down the ticket.

No need to be so sore after the Election Day beating Obama gave you.

9:19 PM, December 02, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your answer is as good as any. I know many. In all honesty (no sarcasm this time), most of the political junkies claim that the margin for Obama was the best indicator for a Rossi loss. If the margin had been a little smaller, Rossi might have won, going on the valid assumption that a certain percentage of Dems (as in 04) would vote Dem for president and Rossi for WA. From what I hear, the margin wasn't too much different than 04, as far as the number of Dem president voters going for Rossi. It's just the margin was a lot bigger this time. It's why some predicted back when he started his campaign that he should save it for a better year. Don't know if that makes sense.

Don't worry, I'm not nearly as sore about Obama as I am about Gregoirous.

Good talking

8:37 AM, December 03, 2008  

Post a Comment