Sunday, January 09, 2005

Tower analysis

I've been fairly impressed and more than a little gratified that one of my favorite publication, World Magazine, tends have big Tolkien fans on staff. My only complaint is that they are not really the Tolkien "scholars" I prefer to read. However, they have done a more than adequate job of elevating Tolkien's work for the Christian communities to see and read.

I just came upon Gene Edward Veith's recent piece (from World) regarding the cultural significance of the "two towers" in the Lord of the Rings. He does an outstanding job. The issues he deals with were explained in greater detail in Dinesh D'Souza's book, What's So Great About America--also a recommended read. Here's my review from the archives.
<< Home 1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite agreed.

9:11 AM, December 10, 2005  

Post a Comment