Friday, April 01, 2005

Looking back

I didn't choose to post anything right away regarding the recent passing of Terri Schiavo. To be honest, I don't know that I could add anything to the din of people saying "it's time for healing" or "she will become a poster child" or "goodness, what have we come to"...What more am I supposed to say that would be less politically correct?

For myself, I've come to appreciate Congressman Delay's recent comments regarding the actions of the judges involved. What most people don't understand is just what he meant when he said they "thumbed their noses at Congress." Some probably miss the point and think he would consider any dicision to support judge Greer from the federal courts a thumbing of the nose. Not so.

The point, is that they didn't bother to look into the facts of the case as determined by Greer's early rulings, thereby making their involvement useless.

Perhaps you remember my note about Coulter's scathing attack on Greer. Let me just point to a Ridder article from the March 25. (hat tip to Nick from The Minefield blog)

A telling statement regarding a supposed showdown between local police charged with Terri's "protection" (what a joke), and state officials who tried to gain custody:
"We told them that unless they had the judge with them when they came, they were not going to get in," said a source with the local police.

Yes, hail to the judge, our supreme ruler.

Sorry, I don't have anything more profound than that to say tonight.
<< Home 1 Comments:
Blogger Nick J. said...

Thanks for the link Mark! I appreciate it.

5:55 PM, April 02, 2005  

Post a Comment