Friday, April 29, 2005

Thanks Peter

I left campus this morning at 3 a.m.

It was a deadline story I helped cover with another reporter. We both attended the election board's grievance hearing where 4 separate candidate grievances were heard. The gist of the decisions is that one candidate got disqualified from the associated student board of director presidential race. If that wasn't big enough, the official election results came in a couple hours later, and the disqualified candidate had won by a very large margin. You can imagine there is and will be a lot of ferment among students. I don't have time to get into the election code violations but I had intended to do my main reporting for Western Unraveled. However Peter, the reporter for The Western Front who was intended to cover it offered me a byline on the news piece if I would help him get it out that night. So I spent the rest of the night making calls, writing up quotes, and hammering out the news piece that will be in today's newspaper on campus. I'm thrilled to be on the front page at the last minute and it was good of Peter to let me help.

Yeah, a runoff between the two remaining candidates will happen next week, as was expected, Russo, the disqualified guy, will appeal the decision.

You can bet his supporters will be out in force, too... Stay tuned
<< Home 4 Comments:
Blogger Crystal said...

Was that Tony Russo that will be appealing? Just wondering. I remember some one by that name who was in student governemt when I was there and I am jsut curious if he is still there.

6:16 PM, April 30, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

Never mind I just checked the Western Unraveled site and figured it out for myself. Sorry to ask stupid questions.

6:17 PM, April 30, 2005  
Blogger Justin C. said...

3:00am! That is early. Hope your getting enough sleep:)

8:45 PM, May 01, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

No he doesn't. -little sis

1:04 PM, May 02, 2005  

Post a Comment