Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wash and wax

Car care for me has been a little limited for the last year...being caught up with school and such. With the coming of summer and normal working hours, I've found at least some time to apply a little albow grease for appearance sake. Last week I vacuumed it out. Then on this las Saturday, Anna and I grabbed a couple of good rags and the can of wax.

Behold, what once was just a four cylinder hairdryer on wheels now glistens under the evening light.



More pictures to come when I have the time.

I know I still haven't dealt with all the exciting shakes and rumbles that have tricked some passengers into thinking they had boarded a one-way space shuttle flight (honest). But I am closer. I'm having her looked at soon.
<< Home 10 Comments:
Blogger Crystal said...

very impressive Mark. You put me to shame. I shant show my truck this picture because I think she might be jealous.

4:58 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Brandy said...

ooooooooooh.....aaaaaaaahhh.....wow:) veddy nice:P

7:04 PM, August 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she is beautiful. it inspires me to go and at least wash my car. :)

8:00 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Emmy said...

5...4..3..2..1....prepare for take off!!!! Crash bang, boom, burn. It was an incredible experience, one of which can only be fully explained in a complete posting of my own.

10:26 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger CelloChic said...

Gorgeous! You shined the carriage before the return of Mademoiselle Beka. You do let her drive it occasionally, do you not?

5:06 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

It looks very nice Mark. I have already vowed to myself that when (if ever) I save enough money to buy a car. IT WILL BE CLEAN! Unlike someone elses little black Honda.

7:09 AM, August 12, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep my "little black Honda" very clean considering the circumstances

5:04 PM, August 14, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

well, Mike...I don't know because mine is parked in a pallet yard all day...and last fall I was running around in the mud between constructions sites at my last job--all in all, it stayed tolerably clean... I don't think my sisters ever complained about my car being dirty except once maybe.

No, don't mind me. I really do believe you :D

8:59 PM, August 14, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

Sorry Michael I could not help it. You just get so up in arms when I say anything about you car. But Michael since you washed last saturday it looks wonderful. Happy? I hope so.

8:07 PM, August 15, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

A worthy question Chris. But remember, the hair-dryer is all in the head (as a result of the negative outside image). Now it is much closer to what was intended when it was built--a Toyota Camry (i.e. a disguised a 4 cylinder hair dryer on wheels).

4:04 PM, August 21, 2005  

Post a Comment