Thursday, July 21, 2005

International travel

How did they find it?

That's the question that is running through my mind as I follow the events in my hometown of Lynden, Washington. A group of three were arrested in connection with a tunnel discovered running from Langley B.C. to a house here in Lynden... I wish I knew the details--like do they run sensor system that detects underground activity or did they bust it through undercover work. No matter...I'm sure they would prefer to keep that out of the public view--no use giving away their methods.

Another interesting thought: that sure is a lot of hard digging for one trip and then a bust. And how did they go about digging the thing!? Where did they put that hunk of dirt?

Have any other questions? I certainly do.
<< Home 10 Comments:
Blogger Justin C. said...

I know! Also living in Washhington, I can't believe the people who suspected them didn't turn the house in. Oh well, it is a good thing the found it at least!

9:44 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Cassi said...

Sounds like it was going on for a while. They might have had connections for resources from their customers to complete the job in secrecy. Maybe they were high on their own product and were chatting to the wrong person.

Hey Mark! This is Cassi from the Burlington OCRC.(just in case u were wondering).

10:13 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

that is awesome...I have always found such escapes facinating and wish there were more details in the article!

10:34 PM, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

Sweet a tunnel underground. I almost wish they didn't get caught. Oh yes Mark I do have a question. Why would someone dig a tunnel from Langley to Lynden?

12:10 PM, July 22, 2005  
Blogger Anna said...

Gloria- The opinion that is going around the office where I work is that the tunnel was for drug running. But it is just an opinion.

1:00 PM, July 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! I wanna do that! Yeah! Woah! That would be sooo cool! Uh-huh. That's right.

1:21 PM, July 22, 2005  
Blogger CelloChic said...

Oh yeah. The tunnel was secretly dug by Cassie, Tasha, and me so that we could see our friends in Langley and avoid the smelly Aldergrove border crossing. Darn cows.

3:32 PM, July 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard on the news that the tunnel was dug to bring pot across the border into the States, and that the police actually knew about it from almost the beginning. They waited until it was completed and the first load was being brought across before making arrests. The Canadian police found it, I believe, and shared the info with the American police, who actually made the arrests.

6:16 PM, July 22, 2005  
Blogger Joshua said...

"...of a home in Lyndon, Washington, investigators said. REUTERS/Andy Clark"
Gotta love it when reporters check the spelling - makes you wonder about the facts eh? At least he was right on the spelling of "Washington".
I remember one time I was quoted in a newspaper and I didn't even say it - the reporter had said it to me.
If they were smart enough to build the tunnel you think they could have been smart enough to conceal the dirt a wee bit better, no? Like Cassi said - perhaps they were a touch too familiar with their own 'product'.

6:45 PM, July 22, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Cassi, thanks for the id...I almost mistook you for tasha's sister.

10:30 PM, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment