Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My small corner

It was an interesting day...I got most everything done at the last minute. Now I'm sitting in the Underground Coffeehouse. Upon walking in the door, I was shocked by the crowd. The place is packed for the open mic.


I ran into Caleb H. who said this is insane compared to the 10-or-so that are usually here. I wouldn't know because this is the first time I've been here for this. It's almost funny to think that I actually came here to get some quiet reading/writing time. Instead, my brains are being pounded out by anyone with the faintest notion of musicianship.


For my part, I'm just happy to have found a place to sit--here in the corner...


...with a nice wireless connection at least. The night is not lost totally at least.


Anyway...that's, a little of what I'm looking at right now. Be thankful you are don't have to have the audio accompaniment.
<< Home 6 Comments:
Blogger Mark said...

It's under the Viking Union at Western...I did get some writing done--isn't this post proof? :)

7:10 AM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

This really struck me as funny. Did you sit there and take pictures for the very perpose of putting them on here?

4:53 PM, October 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite place on campus is in Wilson, on the second or third floor, overlooking Red Square. Mostly I "studied" in the PAC, but that was my favorite place to read. Another fun option is to go up to the music library, get a carroll overlooking the Orange Mosquito sculpture, and check out your favorite recording to accompany your learning. ::) -Beth

8:12 AM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Out of class early...I'm in the library--just heading to check it out.

2:43 PM, October 20, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

Hello Mark! Did you get the pictures I sent you like a while ago?

6:07 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

yes I did

1:24 AM, October 25, 2005  

Post a Comment