Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Here in the dark

It's dark in here...with a just candle on the coffee table and the light from my laptop.

The power went out at work at around 11:30...out in Lynden a little after 1:00. It's kind of scary to walk around in a pallet yard with wind like this anyway. Coworker John had one stack fall just behind him as he walked to the office. Some plywood ripped off the shop doors creading a gapping hole in one side of the shop. All in all, life is interesting right now--what with trees down all over the roads...

Glad I charged my laptop battery yesterday along with my cellphone. Getting off work under these conditions has few perks let me tell you. I don't think bible study in Bellingham is going to happen at this rate--I'd have to get gas anyway and I'm not sure where I would go for that. The Herald has a story which I hope they will keep up to date. I should save my battery.

Here's to your health and safety.
<< Home 6 Comments:
Blogger Anna said...

I can remember what it is like. Maybe I should try to send some of the weather here down there. It's is rather sunny. Not as warm as it was during the summer but the sun is out and I think I got a "little" color yesterday.

8:55 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Gloria said...

Anna your making me SO jealous. The power never did go out here, it flickered all day. We always have really strong wind in the fall so maybe thats why. Personally I think having the power out if fun. But then again I don't have it out very often either.

9:02 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Ruth said...

Gales, floods... what's next up for Washington; a blizzard? Never a dull moment! And yes, Anna claims of a tan IS making me jealous as well :S

9:22 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Rebekah said...

I am not a bit jealous. I am simply reveling in the weather suitable for the season thank you. All California has is a rainy season and a dry season. Rather tedius in my small opinion.

Whatcom was so cool yesterday--film class was especially interesting. Every ten minutes or so the power would completely shut down, the projector would start rolling itself up etc. After about five times of turning the movie back on we just gave up and left. Psst! Don't tell anyone, but I was rather relieved--the movie was getting a little more than my sensibilities could handle (or my Christian witness for that matter).

11:46 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Anna said...

No No! I really do not make ANY claims to having a tan! I think I have less color than what I had when I moved down here.

5:04 PM, November 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comp is now letting me post on other blogs, so I might stop-in sometimes. That was some outage that we had. How long was your power-down? Ours was about 25 hours.

3:44 PM, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment