Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

(My contribution this week's Tribune editorial)

Once upon a time there was a family who loved a blockhead unconditionally. They poured all sorts of time and energy into him -- so much more than he deserved -- and God used them in even greater ways than they realize. In other words, I’m thankful for my family and church and all the ways they have pushed me to grow. Above all, I am thankful for my heavenly Father who works all things together for good to those that love Him.

I’m thankful for real people with real problems and for the opportunity to return good for evil.

I’m thankful for the little things like rich coffee, hearty fellowship, blank paper, a comfortable pen, a savory scotch ale now and then and four-part harmony.

Labels:

<< Home 2 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

I love you.

11:42 PM, November 22, 2007  
Blogger Anna said...

I miss you!

11:54 AM, November 24, 2007  

Post a Comment