Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A reflection of the recent

Things I've learned in the past two weeks:

It's both easy and fun to be a "negligent driver"...on a jet ski, that is.

A group of us took to Lake Samish two weeks ago and goofed in the sun with two jet skis. I'm afraid I had been looking forward to it for a while and made my first five minutes even more memorable than I expected. A deputy pulled my cousin and I over because we were apparently "negligent." He then gave us and the owners a long rundown of things that were improper about both the skis and our usage of them. It was all just a bit hokey...but he had a gun so what were we supposed to do? He was nice enough to issue only warnings for every infraction.

Playing with kids can kill.



My sister and brother-in-law were in town last week with their three little ones. Once upon a fine evening just before dinner, I was designated the child occupier until the meal was ready. An obliging lawn helped to soften some of the impact, but still, I think I could learn to be a bit more efficient in the future. Tail bones will bruise and necks will strain if you try to wear them out simply by going faster and farther.

I not only looked like a grandpa last Saturday, I also looked like MY grandpa.

That was the conclusion of the matter when we were celebrating my Aunt Marilyn's 50th birthday. A few of us dressed in black as a joke and fewer actually applied gray hair spray -- Michael and I were the initiators.



Pictures were taken and one friend noticed that my profile was somewhat striking in that it reminded him of my grandpa who was sitting nearby.



I got so used to this hair color I was startled a bit when I washed it out that evening and saw brown again.
<< Home 4 Comments:
Blogger Anna said...

I had to comment if only to show that I still visit the blogs.

Loved the pictures!

Miss you!

8:36 PM, September 22, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow its been forever since I was on blogs cute pic

8:49 PM, September 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww....

3:55 PM, October 01, 2007  
Blogger Crystal said...

I haven't commented much or been visiting too often but I had to stop in today in lue of doing homework! Priorities right??? Anyway loved the stories and the pics.

12:56 PM, October 05, 2007  

Post a Comment