Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Coffee Speak (translated)

Concerning the cynicism of the last post, here is a little optimism to add to the mix. Just for the record, coffee is a wonderful thing and I am not very picky about it (proven by the fact I still study at Starbucks). While I am still in a bit of a quandary about some of the things I have heard in that place (I mean some would blow your mind, they are so long!), I have found at least one good resource for basic Coffee Speak interpretation and one ok Coffee Speak interpretation.

To be quite honest, though, I think someone needs to get a little more familiar with the Starbucks dialect--which is much too sophisticated even for these resources.

Labels:

<< Home 2 Comments:
Blogger Mark said...

I'd love to meet these hard-core coffee drinkers. I know a few but to be honest I don't know if they avoid a straight starbucks drip. I'm interested to know just how hard-core this makes me!

11:28 PM, November 13, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so happy you like starbucks! It is a glorious place! A person can never go wrong by going there. It is a place for all ages, single or married, short or tall, funny or serious, sad or happy...the list gos on. I love to go there by myself or with a friend. It is a wonderful place to stuy school and the Bible. I've also found that even non coffee drinkers go there. Which starbuscks is your favorite? I prefer the Barkley starbucks. Enjoy your coffee!

Rachel(Caleb Breakey's friend)

4:12 PM, March 29, 2005  

Post a Comment