Saturday, January 15, 2005

Mission aborted

Tonight was supposed to be Skagit Squadron's banquet--I didn't go.

It could be a long story if I don't word it right.

The banquet itself was going to be fun and this couldn't have been a better time for me, considering the long weekend and all. Alas though... I was going to carpool from Bellingham with a fellow Western student friend of mine--and member of the squadron. I ended up getting to his apartment late for reason that need not be disclosed. It didn't actually matter, in fact, as I discovered when I arrived. He opened the door and gave me the news that all the people from Whatcom County weren't going to go. The reason was a new layer of weather that hit the roads in Skagit County pretty bad. The banquet was held on Whidbey Island mind you, but Skagit is the path enroute. So, I chatted with him at his place for a bit and went home on the now very slick roads--yes, it had started to snow again here while I was in Bellingham. What a wonderful world this is!

I'll survive the disappointment well enough, I'm sure.
<< Home 2 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

Awww too bad....and then you had to come home and play a simply horrid game of Dutch Blitz! My heart bleeds.

4:03 PM, January 19, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

So glad there is still sympathy in the fam. :)

11:53 PM, January 19, 2005  

Post a Comment