Sunday, August 21, 2005

Adventures in the land of busy

Here we stand upon the brink of a new week...how quaint.

But what a truly exciting schedule--what, between work, relatives and a impending conference on the following week.

Overtime is mandatory this week, as there is a lot needed and I haven't placed much over the past few weeks. If I'm extremely fortunate, I'll only have to do one day. I'd normally not be too thoughtful of this, but for the other obligations and distraction that hang all around me.

The house is full of little feet, little (i.e. big) voices, little falls, little kisses and the like. That's just how it goes with the complete gathering of Reimers nieces and nephews. I've been enjoying every minute of it I must confess. I should, I guess, while I'm not the parent who has to deal with the many entertaining situations sustained on a minute-by-minute basis. Here's a glimpse into last night's gathering of the clans in the backyard after dinner.


Mom and first-born grandchild, Mary, hangin’ out under the arbor.


A typical goofy scene out back of the house.


Anna mediating between the animal and Justus, the animal chaser.

Again, the conference starts a week from tomorrow...officially that is. There's plenty to make it seem like it's already in progress. I suppose we should just be thankful there's not a huge amount kids being put up by our church. Burlington is taking a huge chunk of them by default.

Yes, ramroding the conference has been, and will be God willing, a challenge to be savored.
<< Home 5 Comments:
Blogger CelloChic said...

Um, hi, I am NOT a SPAMMER! Your Neff/Reimers clan is something spectacular and rare, Mark. The pictures are lovely.

5:30 PM, August 21, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks for the compliment Erin. I have to be careful sometimes because I'm so excited to be related to cool people--I end up bragging.

The spamming just started today on the last post. I got on at one point and a half hour later they started...so I've been deleting them all day...I'll save the rest of it for a post.

10:48 PM, August 21, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

More! More! More! Gimme more! I'm addicted to pictures! Totally awesome! Bring it on! I do agree with Erin: "lovely".

5:29 PM, August 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What awesome pictures! I would love to hear more/see more. :) -Ellie (thanks for your comments about the name!)

2:00 AM, August 25, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

Must be nice to have a family to hang out with. I WISH I had one. Very nice pictures. When I was at your house I did not go out back so I don't know what that looks like... But very nice.

3:34 PM, August 28, 2005  

Post a Comment