Friday, August 26, 2005

If life was a trip...

...I'd be out of gas.

The one question I consistently endured this fine Friday at work was "what's the matter with you?"

I'd answer, "what do you mean?"

They'd respond, "you look tired."

Indeed, between the burning sensation and the brightness of the sun, my eyes never fully opened all day. I guess balance in life isn't 11 hours of work to every 5 hours of sleep. The exhaustion built up over the week as I alternated between late-night work on the conference, overtime at work, and the 5 hours of sleep I could sneak in-between. It's just not right for my mental well-being if I may be so bold as to claim it.

The conference is looking much more comfortable, though, the work week is over, and I just have a few more things to tie up... The hill is partway climbed.
<< Home 5 Comments:
Blogger Joshua said...

Really, 11 to 5 isn't the balance? You should have told me that three days ago! Grrr! ;)
Seriously Mark, get some sleep. It will make everything much more enjoyable - including you!
Hmmm, now I think about that verse in regards to a certain log and a specific speck... :)

5:19 AM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger sarah said...

Mark,
As someone who is seeing all too clearly what lack of sleep can do, SLOW DOWN! I know of few (or are there any?) things that are worth wrecking your health. Bad habits are hard to break - I know, you've heard that one before, but it is true. I love you bro, don't kill yourself. ;)

5:24 PM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

You know Mark lack of sleep causes stress. And stress causes lots of things. Bad things. So just try to find some time to get some sleep. Even if it is ONLY for 20 minutes. Promise?

3:27 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks all for the commiseration. I appreciate it. I have almost recuperated over the weekend and am feeling much better.

11:50 PM, August 28, 2005  
Blogger CelloChic said...

Haha! *ahem* Excuse me for laughing.
I just had a flash back of when your mom, Bek, and I picked you up from a bus station on the Hanagan after you had a day at school. I think we tormented you about being "Eyore," but I don't think you heard us. You were zonkers. Truly dog-tired and unavailable to any ridecule for your diligence.
I see nothing has changed...

8:12 PM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment