Sunday, September 04, 2005

Half here

When I left the conference this weekend, I expected to come home. Instead, as I browsed the news, I found myself transported to the scene of a catastrophe I missed entirely.

So while I'm waiting for me to come all the way down to earth, I hope you will allow me to let the rest of the world live and let live at least for the moment. Please?!

In the meantime, the conference was good, awesome, intense and rich with growth. Although it started with so few (around 35), it hovered closer to forty by the end as more people came for the end. By talent night on Thursday evening, everyone knew each other pretty well, making the atmosphere that much more relaxed.

Now don't get me wrong; I don't mean to give the impression I had an easy time of it. There were the mandatory scheduling faux pas that cropped up, plus the continual effort to stay ahead of every activity as it approached--and the newsletter to write every day (most people put together a canned newsletter ahead of time but I only did that partially, wanting to have more space for fresh, related material as the week's comic relief). It was special, however, to note how simple it seemed to deal with it all after the hectic week previous. God upheld me more than I could have imagined. No matter how late I stayed up finishing work (sometimes 2:20-3 a.m.), I always woke up about 15 to 10 minutes before my alarm and the early-morning prayer meetings were never without someone to lead them. Also, I don’t think I had any serious trouble staying awake during the seminars even though I was playing all the intense sports throughout as well.

Too much on my mind right now though and I can't keep this up, so I'll get back to you with more, by and by.
<< Home 4 Comments:
Blogger Kristi said...

Welcome back y'all!
Sounds like it was a great confrence. Sounds like you need to get some serious sleep Mark.

11:38 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Wow! God was so good to preserve us wasn't He? I was agreeably surprised when I was restored to health after only a mere twenty-four hours of discomfort. Very happy happinstance. And you! You were marvelous my boy. I was excessively proud.

9:34 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

~Rebekah~ I'm sooo glad you are feeling better.

~Mark~ The news letter was awesome! I found the storys to be very entertaining. The whole week was very fun and full of good fellowship with all of our friends. But now that it is over. GET SOME SLEEP MARK!!

7:53 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

So glad you had a great time at the conference, bro. But you know, I was thinking, and it seems to me that there isn't truly such a thing as "catching up" on sleep. I seem to experience some fatigue during the day even after a good 7-9 hours of rest. Even so, the idea shouldn't be thrown out the window. Not by a long shot.
"It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep." -Psalm 127:2
And if HE said it, we KNOW it's important. Oh, yeah. It's all comin' together.

An added thought: I seem to feel better during the day if I've slept at least 6 hrs and then had our squadron PT in the morning. Curious thing. Hmmm...

8:00 AM, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment