Sunday, October 09, 2005

[title goes here]

Have you ever taken it into your head to write a piece, but with no idea of what is going to appear in front of you at its conclusion? Good, because neither have I until this very minute of my life. The demands of a captive audience (whatEVER!), compel me to proceed regardless of my heretofar missing thesis.

***

Once upon a time, there was a good little man who lived on his life's savings from the moment he was born. This was, of course, very little to live off since he hadn't found any time to save in the first place. However, this was not entirely true since he had many friends throughout his life, the first of whom were some very wealthy parents, who helped him along the way and always made sure his savings were adequately sustained.

The good little man's name was Tedward, a good little name if not strictly for the fact that it combined three perfectly good and fine names in to one small name. He took a great deal of pride in this and was sure to remind everyone when he introduced himself to any new friend-sustainers he stumbled across on one of his few tromps through the urban forest he called home.

Tedward lived a meager life my most standards. He couldn't afford the cable TV rates in his hole--er house--so he settled for a couple dozen channels from the lowest end satellite deal he could manage. He knew he was severely deprived because of this lack of visual diversity and often petitioned his friend-sustainers at the welfare office to pick up more of his TV bill. He rarely ate at home, finding it was more difficult to use his food stamps at a grocery checkout than not spend anything at all at the local food bank...

***

To be continued...or not...
<< Home 7 Comments:
Blogger Kayla DeWaard said...

please do continue! it sounds like it could be interesting....

10:23 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Tedward needs a life...

6:10 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

Dude, keep it going! This one could be good with or without a moral to it! I guess.

8:01 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

Keep t giong this one might have big potentail to go somewhere.

10:30 AM, October 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so rosy and eutopian... and then you went political. Sigh. Oh well, political is good, just don't forget the "happily ever after."
-Phoeffe

6:29 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Pretty sad.

I mean, I have no desire to know what happened to him unless it is ever more comedic--which is tough to imagine the way I have sent him.

Poor guy--a victim of my political saturation.

8:34 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

I'm sorry I couldn't help but laugh. It just kind of hit me as funny. I really don't know why. Anyway I do write and not have a clue what I'm writing about. But you seem to have everthing is order. Yes "Please Do Continue."

This letter thing is really... Never mind.

9:24 AM, October 12, 2005  

Post a Comment