Thursday, September 29, 2005

Noise from the jungle – volume I

I've decided to implement a few tactics to help me deal with my Advanced Reporting class. The professor, previously referred to by this publication as an extremely dedicated blowhard, has inspired me to be creative.

To start, it's going to be a regular feature of mine to include some of the brilliant quotes that would otherwise simply bounce off my propaganda blaster shields.

A couple of gems from today's class:
"The two most important jobs in America are a journalist and a teacher. I've been privileged to be both."
This from a former soldier!? Someone needs to do a little investigative reporting on him.
"I should be able to pick up my local newspaper and find everything I need to know about my community."
A community of a couple dozen?

I'm just sorry I've already let so many good quotes past over the last week.

Crossposted at Western Washington University
<< Home 5 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

What is it with your picture up top? Is it one of them from the conference?

8:18 AM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

It's from two Summers ago at the Ft Lewis obsticle course...the rest is too complicated to get into.

1:18 PM, October 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allow me to add one of my own. This, from a Liberal Blowhard Student...
"I'm going to university so that if Canada ever goes to war, I get to be the idiot commanding the soldiers."
Nice. Inspiring.
-Phoeffe

5:22 PM, October 01, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Way too funny! I love it when liberals have the guts to embrace the result of their own philosophy!

5:28 PM, October 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man. You are making me *dread* going back to Western to take classes! How do such moronic people survive?!?!

3:52 AM, October 05, 2005  

Post a Comment