Monday, January 29, 2007

Music in the dome

Ronnie Milsap and George Strait in the Tacoma Dome. Sorry, we got there too late to hear Taylor Swift open--the traffic turned a ten minute segment of the road into a two hour segment--but hearing Ronnie sing Smokey Mountain Rain, made it all better.

Highlights: Cowboys Like Us (one of my favorite George Strait songs), and his encore surprise rendition of Folsom Prison Blues.

Issues: the obnoxious acoustics in the dome and the one problem I have with George anyway--he's a more-of-the-same artist, probably why he's so successful. He never fails to appeal to the hardcore traditionalist country music fans. I'm afraid I'm not quite in that category.

Good times though. Thanks for securing the tickets Jackie.

Labels:

<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

You saw George Strait!! Okay I'm jealous. I'm not like a hard fan of his, but I do love some of his songs.

8:16 PM, January 29, 2007  
Blogger Anna said...

I can finally leave a comment that I was jealous that you were able to go. How's Jackie doing?

5:10 PM, February 04, 2007  
Blogger Crystal said...

Ok so I am one of those traditionalist country fans and I LOVE G. S. I am so jealous, well ok I know I shouldn't covent my neighbors ox, or his concert tickets, or his...but you know what I mean.

6:03 PM, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment