Tuesday, October 26, 2004

More of the same

Most of you are familiar with Chuck Colson and perhaps even read a bit of his work. I'm not an avid follower, anymore than I'm an avid follower of any particular news agency, but I do appreciate his simple language and clear points. His latest piece is kind of along the same lines as what my last post touched on.

I am not sure about his meaning near the end when he says that the Church lost its place in the culture because of "disengagement." If he means that the church stopped voting and therefore lost its place, then I'd have to say that is a little simplistic. If he is referring to a larger disengagement, encompassing the decline in leadership and standards, then yes, he is most certainly right. He makes a good point over-all so I won't pick him apart anymore than I have to.
<< Home 0 Comments:

Post a Comment