Wednesday, May 04, 2005

It's official

The letter came at an odd moment.

At the moment, today's insanity is in the process of winding down. But this morning, I faced the prospect of finishing two pieces for the Front, and my first mid-term on top of that.

I was 15 minutes late into meeting of The Western Front and I made my way to the front of the class to turn in my two papers. As I was about to go back, John, the faculty adviser walked over and handed me a envelope--which was a little freaky at the time since my mind was so centered on the mid-term he was going to administer that afternoon.

I sat down and couldn't wait to open it. I remember going through the possibilities in my head at the time and concluding it would be one of two things since it was from the Journalism Department: either I had done something pretty bad and this was some kind of probation notice, or I was finally accepted into the department as a declared journalism major. I won't mince words and keep you on your toes: it was the later! Simply worded and to the point, it said a little congratulations and wished me the best.

I like reading something like that on a day like this.
<< Home 10 Comments:
Blogger Brandy said...

Congratulations!!! that's totally cool :)

7:23 PM, May 04, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks all...and so life goes on.

1:21 AM, May 05, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

Congratulations Mark! That is wonderful. I am glad the letter was a bearer of good news!
So what does this mean for your future at WWU? Since you have already been there a year almost does that mean you have to spend more time or will it just go on as you start your senior year?

7:25 AM, May 05, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Just for the sake of clarity: it doesn't chance all that much practically because I've already been taking junior and senior level classes. Like I said...it just means I'm able to do stuff like internships, get priority status in for my class schedule and, well...graduate.

11:37 AM, May 05, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh it must have made your day! I'm sooo glad--luvs!

1:50 PM, May 05, 2005  
Blogger Joshua said...

Way to go! That's really exciting...hope your mid-term went well.
I thought I saw you in the window when I walked into Starbucks today but then I dismissed it since I hadn't expected you to be there. I suppose it was best though so that I didn't interrupt your studying. Anyway, Congratulations!

3:11 PM, May 05, 2005  
Blogger Patty-Jo said...

Well done, Mark. I'm happy that God has blessed your efforts.

8:56 PM, May 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~Taps is playing~~ ...Wait a second-that's not a celebratory tune! A different song should be in order. Anyway, fantastic news! Congratulations! More later.

12:15 AM, May 06, 2005  
Blogger Nick J. said...

Congrats Mark! Nice job man.

12:55 AM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger Anna said...

Congratulations Mark!! I live with you in the same house and I still can't seem to keep up with you! Love you Bro!

5:14 PM, May 07, 2005  

Post a Comment