Monday, November 14, 2005

A little off topic

"My nose was bleeding, my eyelid was split and all my eyes were swollen up."
What? All three eyes?

Sorry folks. Talk about being a little distracted by the details. Some British language quirks just amuse me to death. The original context for that quote is here in the BBC--a story about an award-winning student getting attacked by bullies. Forgive me for being so entertained by that quote. It's not very compassionate of me, I know.
<< Home 7 Comments:
Blogger Mike said...

I think I get it, but I'm not sure so enlighten me as to the purpose of the assumed 2 and the written 3 eyes.

6:36 PM, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

Okay I don't get why this is so funny.
What about this three eye thing. Nothing seems to say that she had three eyes.

9:06 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

Goodness! Someone help me out here! I didn't think everyone had to think it was funny--no I take that back. Mike and Gloria, you are hereby declared not normal :P...kidding

11:31 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Kristi said...

LOL...I've had some patients at the hospital say similar funny things...your quote brings back some recent memories :D

7:10 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Anna said...

"All" the eyes?? I does make you wonder and smile!

1:13 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Gloria said...

Well THAT is nothing new.

9:44 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

It's kinda like saying, "All of my hands are freezing cold!" Or, "I can finally breathe through all my nostrils since my cold went away." Or, "NOOO! ALL MY THUMBS HAVE BEEN CUT OFF!" Or, "All the windshield wipers on that car are broken." Or...... Ok, I'll stop.

4:44 AM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment