Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thrillin rides and chillin vibes

I'm pausing to record before the affects of surrealism wear off completely.

First, the thrilling anecdote: I had a late night drive home from campus last night after Bible study. My drive was earlier than last week, when we left Michelle's place at about 11. 10 o’clock allowed for a little more traffic on the freeway. Nevertheless, I usually take the Guide exit instead of Sunset because it is a shorter distance to drive when the traffic is marginal at night.

So, I was just passing Sunset when, two cars ahead of me, there arose an odd situation. One car was being tailed in the left lane. He moved over and the car tailing him followed in perfect rhythm. Back again, he moved into the left lane and the tailing car repeated his stunt. This went on till both were again in the left lane. It was disturbing to say the least.

Now here's the cool part: I was in the left lane and the car behind me took off around me to the right. He came up along side the nuisance car. Immediately the car ahead of him took advantage of the blocker and moved to the right. We were coming up to the Guide now and the nuisance car was signaling as if he wanted to get over too. The blocker car stayed abreast though, keeping him pinned away from the other escaping car. As the Mr. Nuisance slowed down to get over behind the blocker, I, being in the right lane ready to exit, sped up to get onto the ramp in between the escapee and Nuisance. With Escapee in front of me and Nuisance behind, I slowed down and took my time, letting Mr. Escapee get ahead and around the corner to the right before I even got close. That was the end, though. Nuisance took a left.

Now, I don't claim to know if any foul play was intended, nor do I know what led up to the freeway antics. I just know it was obviously unsafe. And...hehe...it was kind of fun outmaneuvering Nuisance.

So I have no class today, just a project to work on before the holiday hits and I lose all my sources to turkey and stuffing. I'm in Starbucks, chillin to the...classical music? Yeah, they are kicking off Christmas this week. I was here Monday too and the music was so relaxing! Loving it. It's not as consistent as it could be, but it's nice to not have to tune the music out all the time.

Back to work, though. Have a happy Thanksgiving Day everyone.

Labels:

<< Home 9 Comments:
Blogger Gloria said...

It is alway interesting to see was some driver is going to do. I was going down cook road on the way to work a while ago when this car decided to pass the person in front of him. Well needless to say that put him in my lane. So I just pulled over so the idiot could pass and not come to a headon crash. Some drivers...

2:51 PM, November 24, 2005  
Blogger Mike said...

Some people are really weird. You ought to be careful of road rage in a situation like that.

3:43 PM, November 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! It's like something out of a movie. I'm just waiting to see your red cape...

10:25 PM, November 24, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

It's a black cape...which is better I think. :)

11:02 PM, November 24, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:58 AM, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

Hey now. Wait a sec. If you recall this dialogue(see below) from the Incredibles, you might want to forego the idea of a cape. Seriously. Check it out.


BOB

Yeah, something classic, like Dynaguy! Oh! He had a great
look! Oh, the cape and the boots...


E

No capes!


BOB

Isn't that my decision?


E

Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers. Nice man.
Good with kids.


BOB

Listen, E...


E

November 15th of '58. All was well, another day saved when
his cape snagged on a missile fin.


BOB

Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...


E

Stratogale! April 23rd, '57. Cape caught in a jet turbine.


BOB

E, you can't generalize about these things.


E

Meta-man, express elevator. Dynaguy, snag on takeoff.
Splashdown, sucked into a vortex. No capes! Now, go on. Your new suit will be
finished before your next assignment.

7:19 AM, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Mark said...

ehem... mine is black nonetheless. and my vehicle is named Columbia.

10:31 AM, November 28, 2005  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Oh thou daring one of the ebony cape who art ever astride (?) thy faithful maroon steed, Columbia...you're my hero.

9:57 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Nathan said...

I bear no cape upon my shoulders, and I blaze through the icy streets with the mysterious Nameless One under my feet. He, he.

6:45 AM, December 02, 2005  

Post a Comment