Monday, July 16, 2007

Tribune tribulations

I suppose that headline is a bit too foreboding for the reality. But I can never resist a bit of good alliteration.

So in case you haven't been reading, the Tribune has been carrying my byline for the last four or five weeks. It's kind of nice to know I have that much under my belt. If I haven't figured wrong. I might be about halfway done with the internship. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. I've actually been enjoying the challenge a bit more than I expected. That's not a complete reflection on where I would like to go from here, but it is certainly a mitigating factor.

One thing you might want remember if you happen to want to spy on me through the Tribune Web site, is that none of my columns (two of them) were put online. I think the only part of the opinion page they post online is the editorials. This is all most sad because I really enjoy writing columns -- and there's something about doing it for the Tribune that actually feels better. This venue lends itself to copious amounts of personality. At the very least, it's a lot easier to find your target audience. It makes me want to completely forget about all of my Western Front days. *gag*

Anyway, I might just pull one of my work files for the last column I did, make sure it is complete and then post it on here for you to read at your discretion. Then you can open up and let me have it.
<< Home 0 Comments:

Post a Comment