Thursday, June 14, 2007

Patched up

I don't know. Maybe I'm old. Things just don't heal like they used to.

I think then that I'm happy I'll be a little more out of the line of fire in the coming months--with more time spent before a desk then the saws and hammers that have been my lot and bane in the past couple years.

A bruise or tear somewhere in the ball of my left foot...
Eyes that are rebelling against too much contact contact...
A finger that is freshly mangled, with purple threatenings under the nail...
A knee in a constant bruised state for the last two months

Questions of leisure are bitterly mitigated by these injuries. How well will my finger and knee survive volleyball tonight? How well would my foot survive a hike up goat mountain all day Saturday?...

Tomorrow I start my Tribune internship. I say this to warn you not pick it up for a couple months...
<< Home 2 Comments:
Blogger Rebekah said...

"Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as eagles;
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint."

Isaiah 40:30-31

Lovings.

8:59 AM, June 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely - MOST definitely - an age thing. Just wait 'til you're a ripe 37!

5:46 AM, June 29, 2007  

Post a Comment