Sunday, August 08, 2004

A day of hope

There's a festive atmosphere! It's not Christmas, Independence Day, Thanksgiving or even April Fools! No, this is simply a wonderful day for this small body of believers. My cousin Josh and his wife Wendy welcomed a new daughter into their family circle this last Tuesday--their third daughter. Reagan Frances Neff. Josh has always had a thing for Reagan--as do I. Josh was fortunate enough to meet him not too many years ago and I can only imagine what that felt like. I think of all the people I would have loved to meet, he would be right up there in the top five or so. We have a picture of Josh, his Dad, and Ronald Reagan together in his California office--I've looked and looked at that picture, always having trouble *understanding* that it is real. My mind wants to take that dignified picture of Reagan and imagine him as a simple cut-out. It's a matter of making the familiar and the historic connect! It's just so hard to make it believable in my mind.

No matter. Josh now has three girls on his hands and he's already thinking ahead--trying to imagine what it will be like! Our prayers go with him...hehe.

Today we also celebrated our pastor and his wife's 25th wedding anniversary! That was exciting. I'm was so glad that we didn't just let it slip by. There was a cake and a shin-dig after the evening service and it was just a wonderful time to enjoy each other--fellow members of Christ's body traveling the same road. I couldn't help but appreciate the wonderful warmth that only brothers and sisters in Christ can share! It was there and I can only thank God for His faithfulness.

As some readers might have noted, I have recently been a little overwrought about our congregation's future. None of my concern has changed. I am just thankful that God is turning my worry into hope. He is showing me what can be and I am still eager for better things but at the same time, He is also showing me just how faithful he has already been. Now, I can only look on in awe and gratitude. So much that could be wrong, is not. More than that, there is a beautiful unity and peace among our members. Thanks be to God alone.
<< Home 1 Comments:
Blogger Mark said...

Thanks Pat

11:51 PM, August 13, 2004  

Post a Comment