Thursday, August 05, 2004

To The Village and back

It's a good movie, it really is! Seeing The Village last night was one of the best things I did this week! The trip to the theater in general was almost as good as the movie. I got the dubious honor of being the carpool--yes I did volunteer so I'm not complaining--I would have taken a nap in the car if I hadn't. Yeah, I was pretty tired. My good friend Jason, on the other hand, riding shotgun, wasn't a bit tired. He'd drunk his second dose of coffee on an empty stomach (at least that was his excuse), and was a very lively chatterbox. I don't mind a chatterbox, mind you, I was just impressed at his stamina. For such an old man he does pretty well!

Ok, so the movie was an even better show than Jason's exploration of my glove box, my owners manual and my everything-having-to-do-with-the-car. As good as it was to listen to him read aloud from the page on the car's over-drive, I think I was even more impressed with the acting and intriguing plot of M. Night Shyamalan's latest "Supernatural thriller...set in a small Pennsylvania town near the end of the 19th century."--that, according to MSN Entertainment. I'm really not sure where they came up with the "supernatural" description. I'm not giving away any secrets by telling you it is not supernatural.

With regard to my own thoughts, I don't think I can say anything intelligent until I see it at least twice. Then I will have latched onto the specifics of what I liked so much. I mean, one of the best parts of the movie is a quiet dialogue between two young people on the porch in the fog in the middle of the night! Now, how do I go about explaining all that made this scene so beautiful? There's so much there that to do it justice would require a dissertation of sorts--I don't do dissertation yet.

Folks, I'm done for the moment... Oh, and Jason was quieter on the way home.
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Kristi said...

LOL, LOL, LOL,...the thought of Jason reading the car manual outloud to y'all is just TOO much.
And I agree, the foggy night on the porch was one of the best scenes.

12:53 AM, August 06, 2004  
Blogger Mark said...

JASON! I TOTALLY AGREE! On the movie scene, of course... :p

Yes, and that is another part I would have to take some time on. It was really quite powerful and it makes a later scene all that much harder to watch--i.e. I hated Noah after that part.

10:24 AM, August 06, 2004  
Blogger Mark said...

Hi Pat!

I'm looking forward to your review!

2:13 AM, August 10, 2004  

Post a Comment