Sunday, August 15, 2004

I'm vanishing...for a little bit

I'm busy these days. I think this is one of the worst times I could pick to post an update, but I'm doing it because I'd rather not have to do it later!

Folks, I'm leaving on Wednesday the 18th. I won't be back home till Monday, September 6. There's a lot that could happen between now and then--some things I don't know yet but here's what I do know.

The first segment of my travels will take me to North Fort Lewis near Tacoma, Washington. As I have mentioned before, I am the cadet Executive Officer for this year's Summer Encampment (for Washington Civil Air Patrol). It's a rigorous one and a half weeks of constant moving with little sleep or rest. I have much to prepare before then and that is another one of my more immediate problems (one of the reasons I shouldn't be posting right now).

Encampment ends on Saturday the 28th. However, I will be leaving the day before because I have a plane to catch on the 28th in Seattle. I will be headed to Ontario, Canada for our church youth conference. Considering how tired I will be after encampment and adding the jetlag on top of that, I can only speculate on what qualities my mind and body will take on. If I am fortunate, I might even discover a whole new side to my personality!

This trip will somehow wrap-up in September. I know the Millers (my sister Sarah's in-laws and our good friend from New York) have made it very clear that we should come and stay at their house for the final weekend after the conference. It's either that or stay in Canada (not all that exciting) over the last weekend. This will, however, require some more coordination with some of the people at the conference. I do not know if there is someone willing to drive Rebekah and I over the border ahead of the normal scheduled trip. Yes, another thing on which to expend precious stress energy!

On my return...

I have another eye appointment on September 7th--if, that is, I am still right in the head by that time. On the following day (the 8th), registration at Western starts!

Somehow this is all going to come together! Somehow I am going to have everything ready for encampment and still enjoy myself in the process.

And yes, one final thought before this ends...

"Lord Willing!"
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Kristi said...

And I shall be praying for you too!

10:09 PM, August 16, 2004  
Blogger Kristi said...

wow!...(after reading this post again)...your travels sound very, um, potentially disastrous--sorry, I just know that if it were me, I would manage to mis-coordinate with some person/plane etc. But then, you are not me, so I am sure you will do fine :D. Anyhow, I will quit rambling, I would tell you to have fun, but then, I know you won't see this till you get back. Oh well, have fun anyways!

8:19 PM, August 19, 2004  
Blogger Mark said...

yes...I was able to get on and read...thanks for the concern, Kristi. :) Just pray that will keep a somewhat stable mindset and glorify God in all that I do and say--I'm finding that some things are easy to get used--some things which I would rather not be used to.

thanks again!

8:28 PM, August 22, 2004  

Post a Comment