Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Dinesh is comin' to town!

I really hope I don't have to stay at the Western Front office so late that I can't attend the affirmative action debate. One of my favorate authors, Dinesh D'Souza will be debating Tim Wise (no, I haven't heard of him) at 7 p.m. and I don't want to miss it. If you happen to be in the area here's the details:

Debate on racism with Dinesh D'Souza & Tim Wise
Hosted by The Civil Controversy Series

Time and Place:
Date: Wednesday, May 18
Time: 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: Viking Union Multi-Purpose Room
Western Washington University
516 High Street, Bellingham

Contact Info:
Phone: 360.650.2526

Dinesh is the author I have referenced several times in verious posts, including this one and this one.
<< Home 3 Comments:
Blogger Joshua said...

I Googled Tim Wise and here was what first came up:
Tim Wise is the Director of the newly-formed Association for White Anti-Racist Education (AWARE) in Nashville, Tennessee. He lectures across the country about the need to combat institutional racism, gender bias, and the growing gap between rich and poor in the U.S. Wise has been called a "leftist extremist" by David Duke, "deceptively Aryan-looking" by a member of the Ku Klux Klan, and "the Uncle Tom of the white race," by right-wing author, Dinesh D' Souza. Whatever else can be said about him, his ability to make the right kind of enemies seems unquestioned.
With Dinesh calling him Uncle Tom it promises to be a fascinating debate - I really hope I can make it!

4:44 PM, May 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have liked to be there. Too bad I'm 9 timezones away. Woulda, shoulda, but couldn'ta. Make sure you update us. I want to know how it goes.

3:24 AM, May 18, 2005  
Blogger Crystal said...

Would definetly like to hear this...too bad I have a class tonight. Please do let us know how it goes.

4:32 PM, May 18, 2005  

Post a Comment